As I am preparing my youtube videos on the Qur'an and modern science, I would first wanna hear the Muslim opinion and interpretation on this particular passage in the Qur'an:
‘Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then We parted them, and we made every living thing of water? Will they not then believe? (Sura 21: 30)’
Do Muslims actually believe:
1) That the heaven and earth were fused in cosmological time?
2) That the earth actually separated from this primordial entity?
3) That this view of the Qur'an correlates with modern science?
4) Who are these disbelivers?
5) How did the disbelivers know something that modern science has just recently revealed?
6) If the disbelivers already knew, what makes this passage in the Qur'an so special?
7) If the disbelievers already knew, what makes us deny the possibility that the Qur'anic author simply plagiarized this particular claim and other scientific claims from intellectuals who were contemporaries of Muhammad?