Tuesday 22 September 2009

Revelation Art



I have in the recent months decided to get more into art. To be quite honest I find painting to be the most effective means to let the brain have a break and let the daily stress and tiredness that drains run out of your body.


This my first painting, not completed at all, but at least I got this far. I find the greatest challenge to be mixing the colours and escape the ussual ones. I have to say: considering this being my first actual attempt, I am pretty proud of myself.


Since I am a keen student of the Revelation and the endtime study in the Bible, I somehow decided to draw an endtime event, and I intend to draw a number of endtime events both negative and positive ones; this is certainly a negative one.


It depicts a deep impact from space as recorded in the Book of Revelation, chapter 8, verses 8-10, which records two such events:


'The second angel sounded his trumpet and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood...The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky...'


Scary right. Pretty much the picture we get when we watch movies such as Deep Impact, Armageddon and the yet to come 2012. Well, the impact in the Revelation will however not be of that calibre yet fairly destructive, particularly to the water, sea and sealife.


But I am interested, are there any comments on this picture, on the colours, shadows, I wonder what to do with the background, I guess I have to give the sea a slightly more green colour, and that poor man (well he has had it), I guess his nose became too large.


Then the most important question of all: will it sell? Are you perhaps willing to be the lucky owner, what shall we say 100 pounds, yeah right, lol.

1 comment:

Hogan Elijah Hagbard said...

Gulam,

you could at least comment on my art work

A response and challenge to those who oppose the Christian faith.